PowHer New York (PowHerNY) is a growing and vibrant network of organizations and individuals collaborating to promote the shared goal of improving the economic future of New York women and girls. The organizations, which focus on a range of issues and represent cross-cultural and multi-generational women, agree that working together, especially in the current political climate, will promote progress in New York and resist rollbacks to our rights.
Our social media channels and our dynamic website – www.PowHerNY.org – bring diverse but interweaving topics together structured around six (6) key approaches to solving the problems of economic inequity,
P-O-W-H-E-R: Poverty Solutions, Opportunity and Access, Workplace Fairness, Healthy Lives, Equal Pay, Representation at all Tables.
PowHerNY supports the many issues of Partners, but takes the lead through the Equal Pay Campaign on wage equality in New York State. With the 100+ 501c3 organizations in our Partner Network, we are raising the volume on issues, engaging and exciting people, and changing policies that limit our futures.
Interns are needed to support PowHerNY’s work:
- Research Economic Equality issues
- Provide Online Content for www.powherny.org and @PowHerNY
- Support the advocacy work of our Equal Pay Campaign
- Help expand PowHerNY’s targeted efforts to reach Hispanic/Latina, African American/Black, LGBT, and young women
- Assist Fundraising Committee with research and outreach
- Engage network partners and new organizations
What We Require:
- Interest in issues relating to economic fairness for women and girls
- Background in Women’s Issues, Communication, Fundraising, Political Science, related disciplines.
- Skills in research, writing, social media and/or database development.
- Flexible, but prefer 10-15 hours a week
- One hour phone meeting weekly of PowHerNY Equal Pay Campaign
- One hour planning meeting weekly with President and Online Manager
Compensation: College credit can be arranged
Timing: Immediate opening
If this sounds interesting, we want to hear from you. To apply please submit your resume, cover letter and anything you want to share to: email@example.com.